Thursday, March 02, 2006

Childhood books

I have more things I need to take pictures of, but Stephan is currently on a whack schedule so I have little access to the camera. At least when I'm not too lazy to get off the couch before I stumble into bed.

Anyway, Sara at the Small Object mentioned Rabbit Hill in a post today, which suddenly brought back all my favorite late childhood/pre Jane Eyre books roaring back to me. This is funny because my friend J and I were talking about books the other day, and all I could think of were picture books. Anyway, here's some:

Rabbit Hill
Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles
The Shades
What the Witch Left
Alas Babylon
Bridge to Teribithia
Danny the Champion of the World
The BFG
Where the Red Fern Grows
Hatchet
All of the Wrinkle in Time series
I also really liked Lois Lowry, Betty Wright, and Judy Blume.

and of course Little House on the Prairie series. Which I'm still obsessed with. My favorite episode from when I was a kid was on TV Land yesterday--Stone Soup. Awesome. Speaking of LHOTP, there used to be a segment of the Real World recaps on TWOP called The Most Awesome Thing I Saw on TV Last Week, and the Little House ones were always the best. Check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter