Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Luella at Target



So like many people I was very excited about the Luella line coming out at Target. When it first came out I went to a Target in town, and while they had the really great suede and leather jackets, I can't afford those. As for all the other stuff, it was quite picked over. So later I went to a Target out in the burbs and they had lots of stuff and I bought the cherry bikini. I didn't wear a two-piece at all until I was like 22, which is absurd and already too old to wear a bikini but I'm going with it for a couple more years. Plus I will never return to a real one piece because I hate that you can't go to the bathroom easily or quickly. Tankinis are next.

The other great thing about the Luella line is that they have these mirrors attached to the displays and when all the racks were squished together (ie I could only stand like 6 inches from them), I just barely noticed that they are funhouse mirrors. Like, they elongate you beyond belief. I don't know what I think of that. Normally I'd be pissed, but I like to think that perhaps Luella's punk background makes it an ironic dig at our weight-obsessed culture. OR maybe because she's British I accept the fact that she's slightly disgusted by our American tendency to overeat. OR my ideals about empowering women only extend so far as talking about it. There's that Simpsons where Lisa gets weight conscious and says that she knows it's misogynistic, etc, but that's what a fat girl would say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter