Wednesday, February 08, 2006

12 Monkeys, 12 Monkeys, 12 Monkeys



I saw most of 12 Monkeys on TBS or TNT or something last night. That movie is so mf good. I first saw it at a Millenium Conference, which my friend J thought meant a Welcome to the Apocalypse thing, but was actually a Millenarian Thought thing. I won a water bottle in their Millenium raffle. I'm secretly really good at raffles (besides the water bottle, I've also won a Sampler, a set of Kitchenaid pots and pans and some really nice knives, and a gift certificate to Chilis. That's what I can recall off the top of my head).

Anyway, back to 12 Monkeys. I love that he knows his past, present, and future at the very end, and there's still nothing he can do to prevent what happens. I love that Terry Gilliam claims he hasn't seen La Jete. I love that you don't actually know how awful the dystopian future is because all you see is a prison, which looks dystopian now. I love that the future bureaucrats are totally wrong about the Army of the 12 Monkeys, but close enough that they get what they want anyway. And as J pointed out, I love that they don't want to save 'that dying world'--they just want to recover topside in their own time. 12 Monkeys is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter