Friday, July 18, 2008

Top 5 TV Creatures


1. Fraggles from Fraggle Rock. I didn't expect two top 5's in a row with Muppets on it, but this list DEMANDS Muppets. And Fraggles fit the category of 'creature' perfectly--unlike most Muppets, they're not monsters, they're not animals, they're not people. They literally are creatures.
2. Centurions from Battlestar Galactica. The skinjobs get all the attention, but the Centurions won everyone--including me--over when one tilted his head at Baltar's speech about slavery.
3. Hanky the Christmas Poo. South Park has brought out many absurd creatures, but Hanky is the most endearing.
4. Gob's puppet Franklin in Arrested Development. Racist and hilarious.
5. The smoke monster in Lost. I'm hoping Lost really fulfills all the early promise of the smoke monster. The more I see, the less I like it, but the smoke monster was so cool in the early Lost days.

Images from here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter