Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Top 5 Best Dressed Characters



One of my favorite podcasts-- Filmspotting --has this gimmick each week where they pick a theme and choose their top 5 movies based on that theme. I had the idea that I should do a television version of their top 5's, where appropriate. Recently, in honor of Sex in the City, they did their top 5 best-dressed characters. So here are my top 5 best-dressed tv characters, both male and female, in honor of Sex and the City.

The Ladies:
1. Rachel Menken in Mad Men. I've posted about Betty Draper's clothing twice already, so I'm not sure how much more I can say about her other than that her clothing is gorgeous. But I haven't talked about Rachel Menken's clothes. She matches Betty's budget, unlike Peggy, and modesty, unlike Joan. But Rachel Menkin has the female executive look going, matching all the men in suits I list down below. I don't always love the hats, but the suits, gloves, etc, are all amazing.
2. Lilly in How I Met Your Mother. So admittedly my love of Lilly's clothes is slightly narcissistic since she has worn two shirts I own.
3. Veronica in Veronica Mars. Mmm, this is narcissistic again. Veronica Mars owned my green Lucky hoodie.
4. Alma in Deadwood. You just can't beat corsets and hoop skirts.
5. the models on Project Runway. Not much explanation needed here.

The Men:
1. the boys from Stella. Crisp NY suits.
2. Kramer in Seinfeld. Hipster before there was hipster.
3. Don Draper in Mad Men. Crisp 1960 suits.
4. Jin in Lost. Jin pulls off island chic the best of the boys, in my opinion. Lots of button-downs, and his hair doesn't scare me.
5. Fox Mulder in the X-Files. Crisp FBI suits. Unlike Scully, perfection from the get-go.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter