Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cranky

Whew, I must have been cranky earlier. I left out a lot of stuff.

First of all, we celebrated Hannakuh with my dad's side of the family the day after Thanksgiving. This meant that not only did I get turkey twice on Thursday (my house and Stephan's house), but also brisket on Friday. Three of the best possible meals ever. Yay! Then we exchanged gifts. I got lots of awesome stuff I need to take pictures of. Damn my non-lazy self for putting stuff away before I took pictures. Some of the highlights: a flashlight you charge by winding a crank--no batteries!, some pretty bracelets, a mug with pictures of my family on it, very cute pjs, and a frog towel with a hood with my name embroidered on it. So awesome. I got very spoiled.

Second, Stephan's mom and stepdad took us to Costco to buy us poinsettas and food, which is awesome. See above.

Third, as I mentioned, we watched/listened to old home movies/tapes. It was so cool. First, the tapes were from when my dad was super little, and he was a little imp, which was cute. And my grandpa sang this song, cracking up the whole time. It was hilarious. But I think my favorite part was hearing my great grandparents, who died long before I was born, with thick Russian accents. It' s as close as I'll get to knowing them. The movies were from a few different events, including my cousin's Bat Mitzvah in 1974. My parents were so cute and young--my dad 26, my mom 20 years old (were???? my mom said. They're still cute). And it was so cool to see my grandparents young also, not to mention other family members like my great aunt, my aunts who I spent Thanksgiving with, my cousins as kids, my Canadian cousins. THEN they had even older home movies including one aunt's bridal shower (1959), and a graduation. I'm so glad that my family does and then saves that kind of thing. It was such a treat.

1 Comments:

Blogger ant said...

I have to admit I rethought the whole home movie thing. Home movies are great, even if I have to be in them.

And Hannakuh's the best! You should celebrate this year. It starts the evening of Dec 15 I think. Let me know if you need any tips. And brisket is more like roast beef with some tomato-ey effect. Very yummy. I brought some corned beef back too though. Yay!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter