Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Magic Yarn Ball Swap

At long last I can properly express my appreciation for the best yarn ball of all time from Suz, the creator of Artitude Zine http://www.artitudezine.com/(which I'm excited to check out next time I visit Quimby's). Here it is Before:


Here it is After:
Wow, look at all this stuff. There is of course the amazing yarn and knitting needles. Then the lip-themed awesomeness: both lip bandaids and lip gloss. The beautiful ribbon flower. Shoelaces that I have decided justify my desire to buy green lowtop Chuck Taylors. A gorgeous vintage button. The cutest lucky cat. A gift certificate to the best place to visit in the summer: Baskin Robbins. And a tiny ballerina that I have posed in the scarf I created with the yarn (I am not the best knitter and I was so eager--it had to be a scarf. I'm very excited to felt it). Thanks Suz!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger J.B. Lacombe said...

I'm confused. What is a Yarn Ball Swap? Was that stuff in the yarn ball? I'm very impressed with your craftiness, by the way.

4:30 AM  
Blogger ant said...

Thanks guys! I know I should have guessed this, but the knitting really does go faster with bigger needles. The story is that I signed up online to be part of a magic yarn ball swap. According to the site, "Basically, you wrap cool little treasures up in a ball of yarn, with a few beautiful gifties peeking out at the edges, and give it as a gift. As the recipient crafts with the yarn the treasures fall out one by one, and they discover the fun as they knit or crochet." And the swap part is the one you make, you send to a stranger. And then you receive one from a stranger. I highly recommend swaps. It's like the fun of receiving and giving gifts all at once.

9:53 AM  
Blogger J.B. Lacombe said...

Oh, that's cool!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter