Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No computer and no work means lots of movies

Well I've been relaxing a lot since I finished my school stuff and since fucking around on the internet is currently not an option, I've ended up seeing a lot of movies in the last couples weeks. They include:

Firefly the TV show
Some Kind of Wonderful
X3
Nacho Libre
Prairie Home Companion
MASH
Wedding Crashers

That's all I can think of at the moment. It's been great. A little Altman, a little contemporary fluff, some 80s cheese. I highly recommend Prairie Home Companion above all though. There's this bizarre film noir side plot that makes no sense, but is so much fun that I didn't mind. Meryl Streep--of whom I'm not usually a huge fan--is hilarious. There's a song about bad jokes that Stephan can't stop singing, which is great because I love to listen to it. And finally, Garrison Keillor himself is so great I might start listening to his radio show. It's Altman thru and thru but not ala the Company, more ala MASH or Gosford Park so check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter