Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trailers


I saw three movies in the last couple weeks, which has been a thrill. And for the most part, I liked them all. People are trashing Indiana Jones, but I really enjoyed it minus the last 30 minutes. I forgot how much I love going to the movies. But I'm here to talk about the trailers, including 1) the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, 2) Australia, and 3) American Teen. Bonus) Dark Knight.

1) This movie looks so creepy and sad and awesome, I can't wait. I was really excited for Youth without Youth and therefore sad to hear that it was bad. And then I never saw it. But here it is again with better costumes, some of my favorite stars (hi Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton. Wish I were ginger like you two!), and hopefully better execution. Plus it seems to have a touch of Time Traveler's Wife in it. The only thing I'll say is that I wish they had not given up all the magic in the trailer. Chronologically, it seems to touch on every moment in his aging and visually it gives up what I have to imagine are the most stunning images of aged youth. 2) I haven't seen Moulin Rouge or Romeo and Juliet in its entirety so I can just hope that I love the cheesy melodrama without worrying about what came before. Plus I think Nathaniel has rubbed off on me. 3) This guy is set in Warsaw, IN, so of course I'm in already. But that said, it looks really amazing. From the few clips I saw, it seems to capture all the angles of high school: over-wrought relationships, class issues, excessive expectations for 17 year olds, self-consciousness, etc, etc. But it still looks fun, which I think it quite a coup given the list I just gave. Bonus) I've of course seen the Dark Knight trailer already, but I still can't wait and I love watching Stephan's building blow up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Torei said...

*R Comment*

Wait! Is that a remake of The Breakfast Club? The posters are identical! I need to see that trailer!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger ant said...

Even better--documentary BASED on the Breakfast Club. They followed a real kid based on Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, and Anthony Michael Hall.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter