Monday, May 05, 2008

Celebrity Sightings 5 plus 3


A few days ago, Claire on Loobylu did a post about six celebrity sightings she'd had. I love celebrity sightings. Here are 5 of mine, and three from my friends and family.

5. Jim Thome, JO, Rick Smits, Dale Davis. It's kind of easy to see sports celebrities. They have to live where you live no matter how awesome they are. That's where their teams are. These are ones I've seen.
4. Jerrod the Subway guy. Jerrod went to my high school, and his brother was in my brother's class. So he was at my brother's high school graduation ceremony at Hinkel Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. A hushed whisper spread across the room: "Jerrod the Subway guy is here!" My grandma was pretty psyched.
3. Vince Vaughn. Stephan is a location scout so this might not count, but I saw Vince Vaughn at the wrap party for Fred Claus.
2. Michelle Obama. I met Michelle Obama in fall of 2003, so Obama was still a rising star in Illinois rather than, you know, a probable presidential candidate. The best part though, is that I met her at a Lesbian Ball. Take from that what you will. Actually, probably don't. This is apparently what the wives of ambitious young politicians do. They go to all the balls in town.
1. George Wendt. This is my favorite celebrity sighting of all time. When Stephan graduated from college, his soon-to-be-stepdad got a room at the Drake Hotel. So between the graduation ceremony and dinner, Stephan, the stepdad, his mom, his brother, his dad, his dad's boyfriend Francois, and I went back to their hotel room to kill some time. We were all heading back out for dinner, straggling along the hallway. The stepdad darted back from the elevator lobby to tell us that guy from tv was at the elevators. And I turned the corner, and there was George Wendt standing there. My mouth must have gaped open, because he smiled slightly and the elevator door opened, and he stepped in. Francois somehow had made his way to that end of the elevator chamber by the time the elevator was closing. And as the doors started to close, he yelled to Stephan’s brother, "think fast", and hurled a complimentary Drake orange across the room. I always hope that George Wendt saw that orange flying across the room. George Wendt is one of my favorite celebrities anyway because Cheers was awesome, and he kicked ass on the Weakest Link.

1. My dad got hit on by Janice Dickensen at the airport.
2. Freddy Rodriguez has ridden around in the backseat of Stephan's subaru.
3. One of my brother's best friends from high school almost ran over Peyton Manning. Apparently she was not paying attention to where she was going in a Bazbeaux parking lot, looked up and Petyon Manning was standing there frozen like a deer in headlights right in front of her car. It's such a bad sign that Peyton panics when something large and fast is coming at him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter