Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sense and Sensibility



I loved the new Masterpiece Theater Sense and Sensibility. The internet kind of demands I compare this version to the Ang Lee version. So comparatively, I actually kind of enjoyed low-key Marianne Dashwood. I realize that Kate Winslet was funnier and perhaps more faithful to the book, but she was also exhausting. Sometimes, I just can't be exhausted by television. And the woman who played Elinor, aka Hattie Morahan, was great. The best part though, was that she sounded just like Emma Thompson. What a nice tribute to the Ang Lee/Emma Thompson version--casting someone who made her own stamp, was great, but still evoked Thompson. I'm sad the whole Jane Austen series is done, but looking forward to watching the Room with a View on my tivo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter