Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tate Modern

The internet is all abuzz about the NYT article comparing MOMA and Tate Modern. I've never been to MOMA, which is something I'd definitely like to rectify someday. That said, I associate Tate Modern with everything good and great about London. I only lived in London for about 4 months, but it's one of the few times in my life where I felt truly independent. Like school was not the most important thing in the world, and I not only could but should explore London by myself.

So I used to go to Tate Modern a lot by myself. Back then there was a huge spider in the atrium instead of these tube thing-y's. Still pretty sweet. Maybe sweeter. Tate Modern is great because: you can go there by yourself and not feel uncomfortable. You can wander around with your headphones on and not feel like you're being disrespectful. There's a great fruit stand nearby that has the best apples in the world. You can or have to cross the Thames to get there. It's always busy and even a bit loud. And it's free. Man I miss London.

Image, c/o wikipedia. Site c/o http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/11/01/arts/design/01tate.html

1 Comments:

Blogger ant said...

The Tate is great! It really is.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter