Monday, February 16, 2009

I Love 3D


I saw Coraline on Saturday with a faction of my children's book club. I fucking loved it. I think the movie was even better than the book, which I never think. But 1) it was so beautiful 2) the 3d magnified the beautiful. ie, it made otherwise-silent gasps audible on several occasions. 3) They slowed down the narrative, which was my big complaint about the book. 4) I actually enjoyed the addition of Wybie. I figured that his presence would make her less lonely, but I thought it captured well how more people can make you more lonely, not less. Especially when you're a kid. Anyway, if you want a legitimate review, read AO Scott. As always. Also, this marketing campaign was brilliant. Posters, including the A to Z posters, here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter