Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Top 5 'On the Run' TV shows


I don't know. I feel like maybe making this a tv series is no good. There just aren't as many tv shows as movies. And yeah, there's a lot more episodes, but it seems I don't really remember a lot of episodes. So basically you're going to get Veronica Mars, Battlestar Gallactica, or Freaks and Geeks in every list. But I'm hanging in there for now. The Filmspotting theme this week was Top 5 'On the Run' movies, so without delay . . . here's my Top 5 'On the Run' tv series:

1. Battlestar Galactica. Damn are these guys on the run. There's, you know, like 40,000 people left or whatever. And cylons are on the hunt. I've talked about this one like 30 times. I don't have a whole lot else to say, other than it's awesome.
2. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I wasn't sure I liked this series at first, but it really grew on me this season. Summer Glau is awesome as Cameron. And for some reason, I freaking love Brian Austin Green in it. I'm such a dork.
3. The Incredible Hulk. I barely remember this series, but it's famous in Stephan's family for being a source of terror in his youth. His dad would entice young Stephan into the room by telling him a show about a scientist was on, then Bruce Banner would turn into the hulk, and Stephan would FREAK. I just remember being sad that Bruce Banner had to move on every week even though he had made great friends.
4. Firefly. I guess scifi likes this trope since 4 of 5 on this list are scifi. Or I like scifi. I don't know. Anyway, this is another Summer Glau appearance, but the rest of the cast is just as good. I never did Buffy, but this show set me on the Joss Whedon bandwagon.
5. Belle and Sebastian. This was one of my favorite shows as a kid. Sebastien went looking for his mom with only his big dog Belle and his tiny dog named Poochie for company. An inspector was after him. Stephan are you listening??? (This website has a recap and picture of all the classic Nick shows. Awesome!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter