Thursday, June 19, 2008

Redhead



As prompted by this post at Frolic, I've started thinking about dying my hair red again. I've always wanted to be a redhead; I'm not really sure why. The most popular girl in elementary school was a redhead, and Anne of Green Gables was a redhead as frolic-Chelsea pointed out. But my love of redheads has continued into adulthood: Cate Blanchett and Julianne Moore are two of my favorite actresses, and I'm not sure it's just because they can act. And all this is DESPITE the ginger episode of the South Park. But I recently found out that my grandmother always wanted to be a redhead as a young woman also, and at some point started dying her hair red. And it pretty much stayed that way until the 70s when she shifted to blond. Nonetheless, this makes me feel a little less shallow about wanting the red hair; it's both okay and a nice connection to my grandmother who passed away when I was 14. Nonetheless, this won't actually happen until I find more gray hair. I'm just that lazy. Pony-tailed Cate and Julianne from here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter