Sunday, January 21, 2007

Morally Bankrupt

Last year, the tv/film blog Magnetic Media Feed ran a post about how the finale to The Hills was morally bankrupt because its star chose staying in CA with her boyfriend over going to Paris for an intership with Vogue without the finale ever commenting to its young MTV audience on how ultimately that's a really stupid decision to make. Which, I think is a good point, even though I thought at the time that Lauren's friends all thought she had made a bad decision and just couldn't say it outright due to loyalty. All of this was a really insightful post, especially since at the time it seemed there wouldn't be a season 2 of the Hills.
http://www.magneticmediafed.com/?cat=67

Which only makes the fact that there IS a season 2 and its premiere all that much better. Because Lauren's boss just NAILS her for her decision. I mean she makes Lauren say out loud what her decision was in front of her coworker who got the internship instead and then made Lauren say herself that it was a bad decision. Now I don't think that's very professional--especially not in front of Lauren's coworker--but it is NOT morally bankrupt. Go the Hills. I love that schmaltzy awesome show.

I'm also intrigued to see how Heidi's pregnancy scare goes. Has this happened yet in reality tv? How has it not happened on at least one of the seasons of the Real World? I'm amazed they're dealing with it at all, though I guess we'll see what happens. I hope they don't edit it into something unsavory or politically bad or whatever.

**EDIT**Okay, Heidi is such a psycho. She found out she wasn't pregnant, but then went on to have the "I think I'm pregnant" talk with her shitty boyfriend as a TEST. WTF??????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter