Sunday, November 12, 2006

The finger

I have a bad habit of flicking people off in traffic. It's very bad. It's very unnecessary. I didn't have this problem when I lived in Indiana. But I feel like Chicago traffic has made me very angry: drivers are disresepctful on purpose, it seems like, rather than because they're not paying attention like in Indiana. Recently, some guy cut me off rather dangerously on the highway, and I responded by flicking him off. Mmmm, bad idea. After that he slowed down a TON, I assume trying to get me to get in front of him, so he could follow me and kill me. I base this also on the fact that he was shaking his fist and yelling at me in the rearview mirror. I was scared. I have not flicked anyone else off since and do not plan to ever again.

But I found out this weekend, that this exact same thing happened to my GRANDMA. She also got cut off, flicked the guy off, and then he actually did follow her wherever she went. Apparently this also scared the shit out of my grandma and she never flicked anyone else off again. Who knew this bad habit was genetic? And how awesome was my grandma flicking guys off as a little old lady? I can't say I'm ashamed of my former habit, even though I don't plan to do it again, and I'm kind of proud my grandma was that sassy a lady even in her more advanced years.

This posting everyday thing is REALLY hard. And I've been bad about pictures lately. Maybe tomorrow will just be a picture day.

1 Comments:

Blogger ant said...

Yeah, she was the best. Must keep posting . . .

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter