Thursday, August 17, 2006

Project Runway Fugging

Okay, I'm upset about Alison's loss on PR last night. I didn't love this dress, but her earlier stuff was good. Here are a couple reasons the judges were totally wrong:

1--Vincent's dress.

2--The judges and Tim Gunn are diverging often this year. That makes me not trust the judges even more than the fact that I disagree with them.

3--The judges' particular distaste that Alison would make her dress 'unflattering' even though she's a woman really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. First of all, we don't need any higher standard for women designers bullshit. And second, Alison tends to wear a lot of large silhouettes herself. I think it's a problem to suggest that flattering a small waist is pro-woman and (possibly) advocating a not-hourglass-aesthetic for women is not. God forbid we don't all have hourglass figures! (ps I borrowed the image that would show the unhourglass outfits Alison wears from myaimistrue.com; I can't figure out how to lift images off of Bravo's site. Thanks myaimistrue!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter