Friday, September 05, 2008

Top 5 Canadian TV Shows


1. Kids in the Hall: The Chicken Lady is one of my all-time favorite bits of sketch comedy. You can't beat it. It's so bizarre.
2. Degrassi: Yes, 1st and 2nd generations are both awesome. Total total cheese. Very Canadian. All those people of color! Abortions! Gay kids! The N has ruined "The Next Generation" a little bit, but it's still pretty great.
3. Radio Free Roscoe: This short-lived, Degrassi-ish show about a high-school pirate radio station is even cheesier. A little less scandalous. A little more inspired by Pump Up the Volume. A little closer to my heart. Several of these actors and actresses have ended up in bit parts on Degrassi, and I always lose my mind with excitement.
4. Today's Special. If I hadn't recently done that Belle and Sebastien post, I never would have realized this was Canadian. This was my favorite tv show on Nickelodeon as a kid. It's pretty weird too. It turns out Canadians are weird.
5. Much Music. Okay, it also turns out there are almost no Canadian shows on American tv. But I do remember watching Much Music in Toronto in 1994 and thinking it was awesome and way cooler than MTV. Canadians really are cooler. And more bizarre. I stand by that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter