Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Samson and Delilah


I got super psyched watching The Sarah Connor Chronicles--not because it was a good episode, because it wasn't--but because they played "Samson and Delilah" for the first few minutes of the episode. My dad used to play that song on the guitar when I was a kid, and it was the only one of many many folk songs in his repertoire that didn't make me cry. And hence, the only one where he was allowed to sing the words. It turns out that Battlestar Master Bear McCreary is responsible for this adaptation, another of my favorite tv-music moments of all time. Between this and "All Along the Watchtower," I might want to marry that man. Thanks Michael on Alan Sepinwall's blog for the tip. Image by Lucas Cranach, 1529.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter