Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Lists



My favorite TV shows of the year
1. Mad Men
2. Battlestar Galactica
3. Pushing Daisies
4. The Middleman
5. Lost
6. The Office
7. True Blood
8. 30 Rock
9. How I Met Your Mother
10. Burn Notice

Short Nominations (I've only seen a couple episodes of these, but the rest either live on my Tivo or I wish they lived on my Tivo. I plan to watch them soon.)
1. Skins
2. Life on Mars
3. Breaking Bad

Forecasted Nominations (I spent 2008 watching season 4; if I were caught up, this would be on the list).
1. The Wire, season 5

Movies/Experiences (a list like T's on FB, though not nearly as sophisticated)
1. Wall-E on Western. I know it's cheesy. Fuck it. Moe rocks.
2. Transsiberian at Piper's Alley. I saw this with my Hitchcock friend right before she moved to LA.
3. Dark Knight also on Western. All of Stephan's efforts embedded in a really stunning flick.
4. Vicky Christina Barcelona at the Logan. Penelope Cruz is amazing; Rebecca Hall does a wonderful Woody Allen; and I thought the voice-over totally captured all the travelogues we used to watch in Spanish class. Critics never took Spanish.
5. Nothing Like the Holidays at the River North Chicago premiere. Even more of Stephan's efforts. I loved it.
6. Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas at the Siskel. A great Muppet classic. I only wish I could have met Cookie Monster.
7. Let the Right One In at the Landmark. Creepy and awesome.
8. The Stuff at A & H's Halloween party. Perfect Halloween fare.
9. Stagecoach and
10. The Apartment at home. How had I missed these two classics? They're now two of my all time favorites.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Torei said...

*R Comment*

Per your suggestion we rented Transsiberian. Good stuff! Man, it was so tense near the end!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Torei said...

The real Trey agrees.

8:46 PM  
Blogger ant said...

ooo, I'm glad you guys liked it. Trains and suspense really are the best combo ever.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter