Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Goodbye Gilmore Girls


I'll miss this series, but it went out perfectly. A few great episodes leading up to the end after a really really rough season. And an episode full of characters I love with appropriately weepy moments and appropriately mundane funny bits. I'll always wonder what Amy Sherman-Palladino envisioned for the last scene of the series, but I can't imagine it would be that different from what we got. I have to admit I cried the entire episode and felt 22 again and missed my parents and all the rest of that. My only objection is that there was no Paris, but thinking back we got a nice Paris send-off last week and really Paris couldn't have handled all of that weepiness anyway. Next year Tuesday nights just won't be the same for lots of people out there and that's a tribute in itself.

*picture c/o The House Next Door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counter